More than ever Chambers of Commerce are becoming a vital part to thriving communities. For many during the pandemic, local Chambers served as emergency rooms for small businesses.
With an increase in entrepreneurs in need of business resources and the ever-changing business regulations and mandates plaguing our small businesses, Chambers have flexed their relevance and showed that the strongest communities have a strong Chamber presence.
This is not your father’s Chamber of Commerce and here are 6.5 reasons to prove it - showing the value you will find in investing in your Chamber.
- Big benefit for small business. Whether you are an entrepreneur or an office of three, we have cost savings benefits to take care of your team. From group rated health insurance for sole proprietors and small offices to workers compensation and savings on thousands of office supplies, your Chamber’s focus is in supporting the smallest of businesses to the largest.
- Platform for Inclusive Leadership. No organization is better situated to include leaders from across business and non-profit sectors, elected officials and community members to educate and advocate for the economic vitality within the greater area.
- Aware of legislative issues facing your business. Finding trusted sources and keeping up with the speed of updates related to issues your business faces is challenging. Chambers are well connected with local, state and federal leaders to ensure frequent and reliable resources are made available to best educate and advocate for the needs of our area businesses.
- Business Promotion to Diverse Audiences. Take advantage of promoting doing business with other businesses or straight to our community with specials and marketing opportunities. A recent, Shapiro study found that consumers that know you are a Chamber member are “44 percent more likely to think favorably of it and 63 percent more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.”
- More voices, stronger messages. The more industry leaders of our area can gather, the stronger the voice of business becomes. The most vibrant communities are ones with flourishing Chambers sharing in thought leadership, working together on business initiatives relevant to our region and the greater the impact on the future growth.
- Development of Leaders. The Chamber offers special networks like Women’s Business and Young Professional, along with hosting Lunch & Learn events with area experts sharing educational opportunities. The Chamber fills gaps that your office might not have and leadership development opportunities that supports the emerging leader(s) of your team.
- 6.5 You get an extension of your office…From office support to researching major developments within the area effecting your business, your Chamber staff is here to support you to ensure that your business can continue to make a difference within our communities.